Wednesday, October 27, 2021

REITERATION

One thing to recognize is that I am much happier when people are productive. A lack of productivity makes me upset. A team of surgeons pleases me, as does the man cleaning the valley, as does the woman writing a symphony, as does the child trying to remember yesterday. What is yesterday to a child that has so few yesterdays? Would the child not be better served trying to remember tomorrow? I am writing this from my desk in the center of the large room that once housed the MurTec Corporation, a construction firm that specialized in patios and pools. Murray Erskine founded it. The “Tec” meant his patented technology. He installed more than a thousand pools in a decade before he drowned in one. That is an impressive track record. One thing to recognize is that I am much happier when people are productive. 

©2020 Ben Greenman/Stupid Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment