Tuesday, December 7, 2021

TODAY MY VIEW HAS CHANGED

Today my view has changed. While once I would have focused on the words between the spaces, maintaining that most meaning resided there, I no longer see them as signs of power.  To the contrary, I now believe that it is the spaces that matter more, that they constitute an entirely novel response to standard sequences of letters that have been stripped of their significance by overuse and intentional manipulation. On the basis of this reframing, I now believe emptiness is our only course and our only destiny, that an inescapable and eternal nothingness will come to fill us, that we will be not only defined by it but equated with it, and that moving forward, this nothingness will explain everything. 

©2020 Ben Greenman/Stupid Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment